Saturday, January 29, 2011

Chapter 4: Travel and Cultures

Internet sowed an additional interest in my heart, more like a bonus. That is TRAVEL and CULTURES!!!
This blog's consistent reader would have known that I'm more of a wanderer. I like to explore different places. Even in the small town of Guduvanchery, I found some cool places like small mountain ranges and a hidden lake. I used to spend my weekends there.



But in Chennai, I didn't even get a single opportunity to explore such places. The city is fully crowded and each and every corners are occupied. So without my exploring and wandering stuffs, I had much time left in which I'd think of things which some people might consider as crazy or insane. I'd spend a lot of time under the 'big roof night sky' which makes me think about some other part of the world where there'd be a day sky. People would be busy, walking in the lanes, eating in the restaurants, breaking up, proposing, working their asses out while I'm lying under the night sky thinking about them after a long and tiresome day. Time's now 11.00PM in India. While I'm writing this blog, a shepherd could be starring the miles and miles of green bare fields in Argentina, a French painter could be working on his masterpiece by watching the Eiffel view from his open window, a romantic couple could be enjoying their Gondola ride in Venice,a soldier could be facing his death in Iraq, a merchant could be enjoying his Hawke's bay wine in New Zealand. This list could go on and on and on ... I feel that this is one of the wonders of our creator.




Lots of things are going on around the world in this very second, but you must step out to feel that awesomeness. At least that's what I feel. This is just a sample of my insane thought process. This thought advanced into travelling when I saw a discovery series called '1000 PLACES TO SEE BEFORE YOU DIE'. I downloaded it from the internet so, Internet is the basic reason for my travelling thirst. I have a big world map in which I've marked the places with the red spot, the places I've been to! My dream is to finish the globe before I die. I wanna meet people, I wanna enjoy each and every places which God has created, I wanna see cultures, I wanna know history ...



Along with my urge of film making, I developed an urge and thirst for travelling. But again as usual, I didn't know that my life's gonna take a big turn, the turn which opened the door to quench my thirst, the thirst of film making and travelling !!!

1 comment:

Nithin said...

I had the same feel a lot of times and i wanted to travel a lot of places ... i enjoy reading your blog .. super boss :)

Post a Comment

 
;