Saturday, November 27, 2010

Alicia


Today is my biggest day … I was desperately waiting for this day to come. My Granny is coming to stay with us for ’ Night festival !!! ’ But Ted says ’ Granny’s are uncool ‘. Ted is my friend and also a jerk.
I’m sorry … I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Alicia and I’m a third grader studying in Intergalactic Matriculation School. Anyway, I have a contradict statement for Ted. My Granny is the best and coolest in this world. She knows exactly what I want. Stories !!! Yeah … Thats what I always want to hear. Stories are always fascinating and drops to you in a dream world where you can see variety of creatures, colorful rivers and dangerous giants. This time Granny promised to bring me a book about rarest creatures. This may sound insane … But I love to hear about sporadic and abnormal creatures and their characteristics which actually lived in this very world long time ago. In addition to those stories, she would read me that book. Double fun !!!
As the bell for the last hour rang, all the kids, including me, ran out from the class, shouting and playing with each other. After five or more minutes, I found myself sitting in the cushion seat of my school bus. Engine started with a jerk as I took a glimpse of my watch for the tenth time. Granny would’ve arrived. Ten minutes journey seemed like a hour.
There it is !!!
I jumped out my seat when I saw my house in a distance. I heard my heart beat as the bus neared my house. At last the bus came to a halt. I got down and ran like a freak. I entered the house and saw mom preparing something in the kitchen.
” Where’s Granny ? ” I asked mom.
” She’s in your room … I think she wants to show you something ” Mom said this with a grim.
I opened the closed doors of my room. There … I saw Granny smiling with a bright red polished book in her hand. Granny hasn’t changed a bit since yesterday.
” Come my dear … I was waiting for you to come, I want to show you something ” she said this by waving the red book in front of my eyes. I took the book from her hand and I tried to read the name. But I couldn’t. It was such a hard one. I turned a page. There … There I saw a real scary picture of a creature. It had something weird between its weird nose and chin. It was very big and it had something terrible on both the sides of its head.
” Haven’t you seen it before ? ” Granny asked.
” No … its really scary. But tell me about it. I can’t even read the name of it “
” Ha ha … don’t worry, I’ll tell you ” Granny started to tell about the creature in a soft and husky voice.
” These are the most oldest and weirdest creatures that we,’ Lorviants ’ ever found. They lived in this very world, a long time ago. These creatures are collectively known as ’ Humans ‘. They were the most ugliest and giant-sized creatures ever lived. You probably would have wondered about the scariest thing in their face between their nose and the cheek. It is known as mouth. We communicate telepathically. We don’t need anything other than that to express our thoughts. But … they needed this mouth to communicate and scientists doubt that these humans used mouth for their eating purpose too. “
” Oh … Gross !!! ”
” And another important fact. At their age they had only twenty four hours per day, so that they experienced nights almost twelve hours a day. So no ’ Night festivals ’ too !!! “
” Oh that must be boring … they’re missing the fun “
Granny continued her story about Humans and I was listening to them with my shiny eyes until late that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;